The term subleasing is the act of renting out the whole or part of the rented premises to a third party known as the “Sublessee”. The tenant or “Sublessor” must obtain a prior written consent from the landlord to execute this agreement.
It is important to note that the Sublessor remains liable to the landlord for the terms under the lease agreement.
The term of the sublease agreement must not exceed the term of the lease agreement, this means that each party holds rights and obligations till the time the original lease agreement remains valid.
Just as the sublessor must obtain written consent from the landlord to lease the premises, the same applies on the sublessee.
This agreement includes the following sections:
4. Use of Premises
5. Assignment and Subletting
7. Holdover Rent
9. Other Provisions of Sublease
10. Defaults & Remedies
11. Governing Law
12. Adherence to Terms and Conditions
15. Entire Agreement
This document is intended for use in the United Arab Emirates.
- The information on this front page or contained in the headers and footers of this instrument are for guidance purposes only.
- Please delete this front page together with the information contained in the headers, footers and the endnotes prior to circulating this letter. Where square brackets […] and highlights are used in the document, it indicates that there is missing or incomplete information which will need to be incorporated prior to signature.
- Please remove the square brackets and all highlighting prior to signature.