This “Probation Period Policy” has been drafted for use in the United Arab Emirates in line with best practices.
A probation period is a trial period for a new employee, allowing the manager to assess objectively whether the new recruit is suitable for the role, taking into account their capability, skills, performance and general conduct in relation to the job in question.
A probation period also enables the new recruit to assess the suitability of the role in line with their aspirations and requirements.
This Policy contains the following sections:
2. General Principles
3. Period of Probation
5. Probation Aims
6. Monitoring Performance
7. Completion of the Probation Period
8. Terminating the Contract of Employment
9. Review/Appeals Procedure
This Policy is intended for use in the United Arab Emirates.
- The information on this front page or contained in the headers and footers of this instrument are for guidance purposes only.
- Please delete this front page together with the information contained in the headers, footers and the endnotes prior to circulating this letter. Where square brackets […] and highlights are used in the document, it indicates that there is missing or incomplete information which will need to be incorporated prior to signature.
- Please remove the square brackets and all highlighting prior to signature.