This Policy provides a model of occupational health and safety policy at work to assist you manage your human resources. You may adapt it as per your business needs.
This template contains the basic elements of the Occupational Health and Safety Policy, as it is drafted in a comprehensive manner to cover several work environments that pose risks at different levels. This template can be modified or customized to suit your business needs.
The purpose of developing a written Health and Safety Policy is to inform employees about safety conditions and how to comply with such conditions so to preserve their safety first and avoid work accidents related costs, expenses, and other consequences.
Although you can inform employees of safety standards and procedures orally, there is no substitute for having a written policy for employees to refer to. If all employees acknowledge that they are familiar with the policy, this will help protect you when any accident occurs during business hours.
This Policy contains the following sections:
1. Policy Statement
2. Health and Safety Policy
3. Legal Framework
4. Duties of the Employer
5. The Employee’s Responsibilities
6. The Employee’s Rights
7. General Safety Rules
8. Safety Tips
9. First Aid
10. Accidents and Near Miss Reporting
11. Critical Injury Protocol
12. Accident Investigation Policy
13. Alcohol and Drug Policy
14. Hazard Warning Signs
16. Disciplinary Action
17. Acknowledgement & Agreement Receipt
This Policy is intended for use in the United Arab Emirates. It is recommended to ask for a lawyer/expert’s advice.
- The information on this front page or contained in the headers and footers of this instrument are for guidance purposes only.
- Please delete this front page together with the information contained in the headers, footers and the endnotes prior to circulating this letter. Where square brackets […] and highlights are used in the document, it indicates that there is missing or incomplete information which will need to be incorporated prior to signature.
- Please remove the square brackets and all highlighting prior to signature.