This “Letter Terminating Employment for Poor Performance” is used to terminate the employment of an employee who has been poorly performing. You will need to fill up this letter that protects you as an employer
Disgruntled former employees can and often do use anything you put in writing to take legal action, keep the letter simple and straightforward. The time for detailing any historical data, the content of interventions, and any other official long-term documentation is during the termination meeting. the employment termination letter is, at most, a summary of the data you have shared with the employee along the way.
Unless the reason for termination is gross misconduct as defined in Article 44 of the UAE Labour Law, the employer needs to make sure to comply with the following in order to avoid being accused of arbitrary dismissal:
1. The employee has been notified in writing of the allegations against him,
2. The employee has been given an opportunity to comment on the allegations.
3. The employer has investigated any defence provided by the employee in respect of the allegations; and
4. The process listed in (1) to (3) above is recorded in the employee’s personnel file, and the penalty noted at the bottom of the report.
This letter is intended for use in the United Arab Emirates and has consulted a specialised legal practitioner.
- The information on this front page or contained in the headers and footers of this instrument are for guidance purposes only.
- Please delete this front page together with the information contained in the headers, footers and the endnotes prior to circulating this letter. Where square brackets […] and highlights are used in the document, it indicates that there is missing or incomplete information that will need to be incorporated prior to signature.
- Please remove the square brackets and all highlighting prior to signature.