This policy is set out to protect the image of the Company who may be wrongfully accused of bribery and corruption when receiving gifts and hospitality. Therefore, this policy must be well communicated to the employees in order to ensure adherence thereto.
Accordingly, this policy is accompanied by an obligation of declaration. Declarations must be recorded on the Gifts and Hospitality Register, also known as “the Register”. The Register will be reviewed quarterly by Human Resources. In fact, this policy is applicable to spouses, partners, or other associates if it can be argued or perceived that the Gift or Hospitality is in fact for your benefit.
This policy has a very general and large sense given that includes all types of gifts, all kind of hospitality, and it is applicable to all employees, temporary and permanent employees.
Therefore, some conditions are put in place to make sure that the policy is respected. These conditions differ depending on the culture of the country in question.
And every employee disobeying the policy will be held responsible for his own behavior. The failure to comply with this policy will be a disciplinary offence and may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal.
This Policy contains the following sections:
1. Policy Statement
2. Applicability/ Scope
3. Gifts and Hospitality Considerations
4. Approval and Recording Requirements
8. Policy Breach
9. Concerns and Investigations
This Policy is intended for use in the United Arab Emirates.
- The information on this front page or contained in the headers and footers of this instrument are for guidance purposes only.
- Please delete this front page together with the information contained in the headers, footers and the endnotes prior to circulating this letter. Where square brackets […] and highlights are used in the document, it indicates that there is missing or incomplete information which will need to be incorporated prior to signature.
- Please remove the square brackets and all highlighting prior to signature.