This agreement involves the appointment of a consultant to provide consultancy services in relation to the construction of a project. Some of the services include preparing drawings for the project, preparing tender documents to receive offers from different contractors, giving instructions to the appointed contractor, and supervising the works.
The consultant has a duty of care in the performance of the services and therefore is responsible in the aftermath for any errors resulting from negligence in the performance. The consultant is also responsible for the negligence of any of its sub-consultants in the performance of the services
In case of termination of the agreement for any reason, the consultant is obliged to return all property belonging to the client, and the copyright of the drawings prepared by the consultant remains the property of the client.
This agreement contains the following sections:
4. Duty of Care
6. Consultant’s Authority
7. Communications Procedures
8. Client’s Other Consultants
9. Consultant’s Sub-Consultants
16. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Schedule 1 - Program of Works
Schedule 2 - Description of the Project
Schedule 3 - Description of the Services
This document is intended for use in the United Arab Emirates.
- The information on this front page or contained in the headers and footers of this instrument are for guidance purposes only.
- Please delete this front page together with the information contained in the headers, footers and the endnotes prior to circulating this letter. Where square brackets […] and highlights are used in the document, it indicates that there is missing or incomplete information which will need to be incorporated prior to signature.
- Please remove the square brackets and all highlighting prior to signature.