This Policy has been drafted to serve as a benchmark for employees to make appropriate and effective use of electronic resources within a work context and protect both staff and the Company from the potential risks associated with the use of telephone, email, internet and social media.
This Policy reflects that employees are urged to utilize the company’s communications facilities, including telephone, email and internet, as consistent means of communication for the business. Nevertheless, this Policy sheds the light on the risks associated with the abuse of communications, and how such abuse could expose the employees and the company to legal and commercial threats including criminal offences.
Social media can cause a great risk for employees; however, it can also be a useful marketing instrument that is progressively developing to be a fundamental element of any marketing strategy.
The social media terms contained in this Policy regulates the use of social media in relation to work.
This Policy contains the following sections:
1. Policy purpose.
2. Scope of this Policy.
3. Communication guidelines.
4. Internet guidelines.
5. Email guidelines.
6. Social Media.
7. Benefits and risks.
8. Monitoring and reporting.
9. Policy breach.
This Policy is intended for use in UAE. This Policy template is meant to provide general guidelines and should be used as a reference. It is not a legal document. Kanoony will not assume any legal liability that may arise from the use of this Policy.
- The information on this front page or contained in the headers and footers of this instrument are for guidance purposes only.
- Please delete this front page together with the information contained in the headers, footers and the endnotes prior to circulating this letter. Where square brackets […] and highlights are used in the document, it indicates that there is missing or incomplete information which will need to be incorporated prior to signature.
- Please remove the square brackets and all highlighting prior to signature.