A code of ethics in business is a set of guiding principles intended to ensure a business and its employees act with honesty and integrity in all facets of its day-to-day operations and to only engage in acts that promote a benefit to society.
A Code is a written collection of the rules, principles, values, and employee expectations that an organization considers significant and believes are fundamental to their successful operation. Code of Conduct is a popular title, other companies call it their Code of Business Ethics, Code of Ethical Business Conduct and Code of Ethics and Standards. No matter what an organization calls it, the Code serves as a guideline for ethical behaviour and framework for ethical decision making within an organization. The Code is a communication tool that informs internal and external stakeholders about what is valued by an organization, its employees and management.
This Policy contains the following sections:
1. Policy Statement
2. Trust and Credibility
3. Respect for the Individual
4. Create a Culture of Open and Honest Communication
5. Set Tone at the Top
6. Uphold the Law
- Proprietary Information
- Selective Disclosure
- Health and Safety
7. Avoid Conflicts of Interest
- Conflict of Interest
- Gifts, Gratuities and Business Courtesies
- Accepting Business Courtesies
- Meals, Refreshments and Entertainment
- Offering Business Courtesies
8. Set Metrics and Report Results Accurately
- Accurate Public Disclosures
- Corporate Recordkeeping
9. Promote Substance Over Form
10. Sustainability: People + Profit + Planet
- Confidential and Proprietary Information
- Use of Company Resources
- Media Inquiries
This Policy is intended for use in the United Arab Emirates.
- The information on this front page or contained in the headers and footers of this instrument are for guidance purposes only.
- Please delete this front page together with the information contained in the headers, footers and the endnotes prior to circulating this letter. Where square brackets […] and highlights are used in the document, it indicates that there is missing or incomplete information which will need to be incorporated prior to signature.
- Please remove the square brackets and all highlighting prior to signature.