A freelance agreement does not in any way establish an employment relationship between the parties. This is a sample agreement and may be amended according to the agreement of the parties. It is important to note that a freelance agreement doesn’t grant the parties the same rights as that of an employment contract.
According to article 7 of the Federal Decree-Law No. 33 of 2021 Regarding the Regulation of Employment Relationship, work patterns include full time work, part time work, temporary work, flexible work, and any other work patterns specified by the implementing regulation.
According to article 6 on the types of work permits of the Cabinet Resolution No. 1 of 2022 on the Implementation of Federal Decree-Law No. 33 of 2021 Regarding the Regulation of Employment Relationship, a freelance permit is issued to individuals wishing to undertake independent self-employment (own visa for foreign individuals) without being sponsored by a specific organization or employer in the State and without the condition of having a valid employment contract, whereby the natural person earns money by providing his services for a specific period or performing a task or providing a specific service, whether to individuals or establishments, whereas this natural person is in no way a worker for those individuals or establishments.
According to article 8 of the Cabinet Resolution No. 1 of 2022 on the Implementation of Federal Decree-Law No. 33 of 2021 Regarding the Regulation of Employment Relationship, Free Lance is an independent and flexible work arrangement, whereby the natural person generates income by providing his services for a specified period of time or performing a task or providing a specific service, whether for individuals or establishments, whereas this natural person is in no way a worker for those individuals or establishments
This freelance agreement contains the following sections:
2. The Freelancer’s Obligations
4. No Employment Relationship
6. Termination and Notice Period
7. Non-Solicitation of Employees
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
11. Assignment, Successors and Assigns
12. No Partnership
13. No Waiver
15. Independent Contractor
This agreement is intended for use in the United Arab Emirates.
- The information on this front page or contained in the headers and footers of this instrument are for guidance purposes only.
- Please delete this front page together with the information contained in the headers, footers and the endnotes prior to circulating this letter. Where square brackets […] and highlights are used in the document, it indicates that there is missing or incomplete information which will need to be incorporated prior to signature.
- Please remove the square brackets and all highlighting prior to signature.